Best Affordable Headphones of 2020 Over Ear & On Ear Headphones – Ranging below $100
Headphones are compact devices that are specially designed to listen to our favourite music, be it Pop, Jazz, Melody or Instrumental, in private without disturbing others. These headphones are considered to be one of the greatest inventions that help people, to listen to high volume, adrenaline-pumping music, in private. There are various types of headphones available in market, with stylish looks under affordable prices. We are providing a detailed description on the types available, specifications and price details, in order to give a clear picture to the buyers. We are also providing information on the attributes to look for in a headphone, for ending up with a perfect one.
In this article, we are discussing about the two types of Headphones available in market.
- Over Ear
- On Ear
Over Ear Headphones:
Over Ear, also popularly known as around the ear headphones, have cushion, that surrounds your entire ear. These cushions are often foam-made, surrounded by leather or suede. These headphones have two main features like Active and Passive, depending on the noise cancelling methodology used in the headphones.
Active: Active Noise cancelling means the technique of eliminating noise with the help of the battery power. However, in this model, once the battery drains it will works as normal headphones.
Passive: Passive Noise cancelling means noise is eliminated by the ear cups themselves without using any battery power. The outside noise is subsequently reduced by the ear cups, surrounding our ears and gives the clarity while listening to music.
There is also another type of headphone, when it comes to over-ear headphones, they are ‘DJ Headphones’. These are specially designed so that one or both the ear cups, are able to pivot away.
- Clarity in Sound
- Comfortable to use
- Heaviness, when placed over ear
- Lack of Portability
They are comparatively smaller than the Over-Ear headphones and the ear buds or cushions rest directly on our ear. They are preferred by people, who like lighter and less bulky headphones. Including the additional feature of lightness, these headphones are designed to deliver the same quality of music, like over-ear headphones.
- Comfortable to wear
- Less Bulky
- Well-equipped for increased listening hours
- Less Expensive
- Sound clarity is compromised, compared to over-ear headphones
- Comparatively less noise cancelling
Attributes of Good Headphones:
There are various attributes that needs to be taken into consideration before purchasing a headphone. The attributes are explained below, for your reference.
Brands and Product Listings:
We are providing information about the Top 7 Headphones, that comes in affordable price range, in various brands and we are also providing the pros and cons of all the headphones mentioned in the list.
Now let’s See About Each Product in Detail, to Provide a Clear Picture of Each Item.
- Professional Headphones, for providing high-definition music
- Oval ear pads and Circum-aural design for isolation of noise and providing clarity
- Neodymium magnets and 40mm, to provide super dynamics
- Deep Bass ranging up to 5Hz
- 10-foot oxygen free copper cords for maximum sound quality and minimum noise distortion
- Copper aluminum voice coil, to provide improved power handling
- Frequency response ranging from 5Hz to 30 Khz
- Folding design for compact and easy storage and is also easily portable
- Noise clarity
- Well-built design
- Exceptional sound clarity
- Suitable for indoor use
- Replacement of ear pads necessary
- Fabric padding on ear cups and under the headphones is designed for comfort
- Circum-aural design for completely covering the ears
- Adapter is 3.5mm, compatible with smaller headphone jacks
- Internal Sound reflector provides the best feel of sound.
- Ability to treat low frequency with grace
- No distortion of sound, even at high volume.
- Strong audio performance
- 3-metre detachable cable
- Well built
- Long Cable
- Great Sound
- Heavier compared other models
- Sound Leakage
- Designed for great bass performance
- Adjustable comfort zone pads, to perfectly balance headphones on ear
- Ear plates are multi-pivoting and allows maximum comfort
- Frequency response ranges from 15-25,000 Hz
- 4-feet cord with dual entry
- Great Bass performance
- Perfect fit
- Headband can get stuck in hair
- No noise cancelling
- Semi-open dynamic headphones, which can meet the demands of professional sound recording as well
- Acoustic chamber, for delivering amazing sound quality and extended bass response
- Sturdy construction and lightweight headband for providing long wearing time comfort
- Two detachable cables with length 1 meter and 3 meter
- Durable structure, long lasting ear pads.
- Provided with microphone
- Neodymium magnet, to provide maximum sound quality
- Great Performance
- Sturdy Design
- Not suitable for smaller heads
- Noise Leakage
- Not suitable for low quality digital music
- Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm neodymium driver unit
- Ring port structure, for providing high quality sound
- Wide head band for optimum comfort
- 3mm plug adapter available
- 5 meter cord with gold-plated plug, to provide maximum noise cancelling
- Great sound and bass
- Long wearing comfort
- Bulky and Large
- Very Long cable
- Designed for both professional sound spinner and also casual listener
- Provides best quality sound and durable
- Thick and comfortable padding to provide noise free music
- Headphones can extend up to 1.5”, so that it can fit over a cap, as well
- 50 mm drivers and 100dB sensitivity produces good volume and premium sound clarity
- Adaptable with all the devices
- Headpiece is padded with flexible rubber, ensuring durability
- Quality Sound
- Affordable price
- Ear pads can get hot
- Week plastic joints
- Tighter on larger heads
- Lacks Noise cancelling
- Providing stylish look and also delivers high quality sound
- Delivers balanced sound
- Great sensitivity and frequency response
- High powered headphones produce great sound with all kinds of music.
- Foldable design
- 50mm driver with 98dB sensitivity, provided with a maximum response frequency response of 18 Hz to 22 Khz
- Provided with 3 meter cable
- Ear cuffs are capable of rotating to 90 degree.
- Affordable price
- Stylish look
- Great sound quality
- Cable length not portable
- Frequency distortion on high volume